Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Today was an emotional day for me! What else is new!

I woke up this morning laughing and crying at the same time. The pain and the grief. The loss of finally feeling that love again, all gone in a matter of hours. All that build-up all the compromise, and struggles.

In July of 2013, I met Justin as I smoked a cigarette on my back porch as the twins were sleeping.  We had an instant connection.  He was 16 year younger than me but he was very mature for his age. He just got out a jail 2 weeks before I met him. I don't judge people I get to know them, then I make my decisions based on their actions.

He lived five blocks over from me and stopped by to visit quite often. After months of endless visits, he started to spend the night, he was fixing stuff around the house, mowing the lawn, and playing with the 8 month old babies at that time. He was becoming valuable to me and my life.

One day his prostitute mother comes by with some of his clothes, then more the next day,  I said "Justin, did you just move in?" He said I think I am and or I did, at this point we wasn't even going home anyway.

August- I found out I was pregnant. I told Justin that the father was Paco's (the twins' dad). He said ok.  He stayed. He was a complete asset throughout my whole pregnancy. Not only was I falling in love with him all the kids adored him.  My oldest Marissa said "Mom, he doesn't yell at you, and he doesn't even hit you". My son Ben said, "Mom, he likes Pokemon, keep him ".  The twins adored their DaDa.

He really didn't work that much at the beginning.  He really only started working the last 5 months of our relationship.

I was 6 months pregnant when I found a meth pipe. I knew he was a former smoker but promised me he'd never touch it again.  I cried and he left for work. That morning he came home and was extremely apologetic and again promised to never touch it again. I forgave him. We all make mistakes. Anyways, I was  his family, we were all he really had.

I gave birth to Azalea about 3 months later and he was so good to me. Never left my side the whole time I was in the hospital and he held Azalea like it was his little girl (I'm tearing up right now).

Azalea was 3 months old and he was having a stressful times in his life. He younger brother was doing meth hardcore, he found out his prostitute mom was shooting heroin and  his grandmother needed help with her bills and he was feeling overwhelmed. I could see it building up in him. He didn't want to talk about it tho.

I tried I am the most positive and supportive person. I told him we'd figure it out. We can only help those who want it and Grandma needs it the most. Can't really help the dopeheads.

Well it was a Wednesday and he was home early from work and was sipping on a bottle of gin and he got on the bed and began watching Netflix with me.  I happen to look over and his pupils were so dilated. I said, "Justin, the eyes don't lie". I got up, grabbed a pillow and sheet and went to sleep on the couch.

I laid there hurt. I lit a cigarette and he followed to also smoke a cigarette. After many minutes of silence he says, "Diane I smoked meth and took some Triple C's".  My mind rolodexed back 6 years ago when I was in a relationship with a man who at the end of our rocky 5 years started doing meth. I told myself never again will I let that drug near me or my children and here I was. Why? So I flipped. I said I can't have you around me or my children in my house, leave.

He took off walking to the dopeman's house 2 blocks over. I couldn't sleep and texted him all night till morning with no response.  He shows up at the house around 10 a.m. and calls the police on me for pulling his shirt. I just wanted to talk.  I went to jail.

I'm in jail. I have to do 6 hours. Pssshhh. That's nothin. The 2nd hour into it the deputies call me over and tell me that my kids are in protective custody who do I need to call.  I have them call my mom.  Okay, so now the 4 hours I have left are dragging.  My kids... how could he do that... Azalea's a  breast fed baby... are the twins hungry...they don't like stranger's. I am royally upset. This is an unforgettable act.  I was more than likely gonna forgive him for the drugs. Not now nope. un-uhh.

I got out and my mom and babies were waiting for me and all I could do was cry. I said mom, "I didn't do anything this time",  I couldn't go home for 72 hours and have no contact with Justin,  My mom wasn't having that. That was my house, all my belongings and the babies home.  My mom, my step-father, my aunt and my cousin converged on my house and urged him to leave, get his things and just leave. He did. He couldn't even look at me. The twins were yelling Dada from the car- he didn't even flinch their way.

I found out after he left- He didn't pay my rent for the past two months or the any of the utilities.  I think he was planning this.. I don't know. I know he's hungry and has to feel bad.. I mean he walked out on his family of a year.

So this was all a month ago today.

We had court today. I don't know if he showed up or not. I told an awesome lawyer my story as I have told you and he took it for free. He continued it for next month. I woke up laughing at him at the thought that he might be at 8 am court looking for my beautiful,  best-thing-he-ever-had-self.  The the tears came cause I can't believe people do this to people.

So it's been an emotional day for me.  I truly believe that things could of went off worse. He could of hurt me or the kids and he could stole what little things I have.

I was upset and still am about the whole situation but I also know that God puts people in your life when you need them and God says It was time to let him go and I am just wise enough know to have made that decision and say bye bye to METHIE!!

I feel good.. How do you feel today???

 Lesson Learned: Have you own money pay your own bills and stop relying on other people for financial and emotional support!!

This was us:










No comments:

Post a Comment